- Accurate laser-cut balsa and ply components.
- 3D printed plastic scale accessories and crew.
- Interlocking self-jigging parts.
- Quick assembly with minimal parts count.
- Designed for two-channel radio control.
- Takes a basic 280-size brushed motor.
- Perfect for small ponds and lakes.
What’s in the Box
- 1x Laser-cut hull parts set.
- 1x Laser-cut deck, console and storage unit parts set.
- 1x Laser-cut stand parts set.
- 1x 3D printed plastic parts set (crew, stretcher, wheel etc.).
- 1x Deck magnet set.
- 1x Comprehensive instruction manual.
Modelled on the E-Class boat, which was designed specifically for operation on London’s bustling River Thames, this eye-catching model beautifully captures the spirit of the type. Combining both speed and manoeuvrability to cover the tidal reaches of the river, the E-Class was introduced in response to the recommendations of the 1989 Marchioness disaster enquiry.
The Wooden Model Boat Company prides itself on producing traditional model boat kits that build quickly and accurately into delightful semi-scale replicas, each as happy cruising on the lake as it is adorning the mantelpiece at home. Using precise laser-cut balsa and ply parts, coupled with a semi self-jigging / interlocking hull frame and easy to follow step-by-step instructions, success is practically guaranteed. Whether you plan to build this lifeboat for two-channel radio control or static display the process is very similar, as are the rewards. In R/C form the model drives well in most conditions, excels in calmer water and looks very much the part, displacing a neat bow wave and leaving a tidy, satisfying wake.